PRICE INCREASE on June 1st. Register now for only $150. On June 1st registration increases to $200. As of 5/15/2015 this camp is two thirds filled.
The secrets of climbing are finally revealed by professional cycling coaches in this one day climbing camp. Very experienced pro cycling coaches and a killer itinerary make for the Pain Cave Pro Climbing Camp to be an epic event. Hosted by Bike Accident Attorneys, PLC and cosponsored by Two Wheel Jones Bicycle Shop, this camp is capped and expected to sell out. This climbing camp will benefit the experienced Cat 1 cyclist as well as the novice. The pro coaches attending this camp are nothing short of amazing and impressive! There is something for everyone to learn.
Everyone knows that a good camp depends solely on how good the coaches are and how much time you get to spend with them. We have recruited some of the best professional cycling coaches to come and share the secrets, techniques, and tips to better climbing. Nearly every cyclists wants to climb better. In this epic climbing camp, you will have the opportunity to listen to and train side by side pro cycling coaches. Each coach brings a unique perspective and long list of credentials to the camp. Your experience at this climbing camp will include real time data tracking and analysis by our professional coaching staff. Such data analysis will reveal your personal rates of peak efficiency, relying on power output, heart rate, cadence, and more.
Each cyclist should come prepared to learn and improve no matter how excellent their climbing may already be. Under the close scrutiny of this dedicated coaching staff you will make personal climbing gains in your technique as well including such issues as body position over the saddle, standing and seated climbing positions, proper breathing, and more. The itinerary is killer and very instructive for all skill levels.
The Pain Cave Pro Climbing Camp will include a series of expert mini lectures taught by the coaching staff followed by onsite climbing experiences to instantly apply what has been taught. Such topics will include technique, power, heart rate, cadence, conditioning, breathing, body positioning, and more. Make sure you are prepared and come with everything that is required for the camp. Spaces are extremely limited. To ensure that each cyclist receives proper and quality time with the professional coaching staff this camp has a 30 cyclist maximum cap and will sell out. The Pain Cave Pro Climbing Camp is $150.00. Click Here to Register Now.
- In person training sessions with Pro Cycling Coaches
- Training Talks with Pro Cycling Coaches
- Individual Power Analysis with Pro Cycling Coach (provided you bring a power meter)
- Individual Data Analysis including Heart Rate & Cadence with Pro Cycling Coach
- Professional Mechanic Support
- Complete Ride Support with Nutrition and Hydration products
- Limited Edition Pain Cave Pro Climbing Camp T-Shirt
- Pain Cave Pro Climbing Camp discount on Garmin Vector Power Meter Pedals for $749.00 – a $150 off retail (optional)
The following is a list of what is required to attend the Pain Cave Pro Climbing Camp.
- Bicycle: Clean, tuned and ready to ride
- Recommended Gearing: Your bike should have a 12-27 cassette and/or a compact crankset.
- Heart Rate Monitor
- Cadence Sensor
- Cycling Computer that collects heart rate, cadence, and power data along with the appropriate cables to connect to a laptop (we will provide laptops)
- Power meter (optional): Garmin Vector Pedals, Power Tap or SRM or other
- Cycling gloves: short finger
- Cycling Shoes/pedals (carry these with you if traveling by plane)
- Chamois cream
- Small tote or backpack for anything you wish to keep in support vehicles
- Heart Rate Monitor and/or Power Meter (Power Tap or SRM or other)
- Toiletries for clean up between rides
- Baseline test data emailed to email@example.com by June 25th, 2015. Look for details on baseline test data in your registration welcome email
Other Important items to consider:
- 12-27 or 12-25 cassette – If you are not accustomed to climbing, are a beginner cyclists or are attending a climbing camp
- Bottles/mix/food – if you will be arriving before a camp begins or remaining afterward, and wish to ride, please bring what food/drink supplies you will need for your riding.
We will have sport drinks, food, spare tubes/tires, etc in our follow vehicles. Each day we will prepare waterbottles for your bike using will provide you with sports nutrition products for use during the camp.
If you have any questions about what to pack or what to look for when purchasing cycling computers, power meters, gear, clothing or supplies, please contact our co-sponsor shop at our Two Wheel Jones Gilbert Location 480-507-0629 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Register now while spaces are still available. The total cost of the camp is $150.00 if you register before June 1st. The Pain Cave 2015 Pro Climbing Camp is limited to 30 cyclists and will sell out. Click here to register for the Pain Cave Pro Climbing Camp. Comparable climbing camps and clinics often run a minimum of $500-$1,100 per cyclist. Thanks to Bicycle Accident Attorneys and Two Wheel Jones – Gilbert Store, for sponsoring this camp, and making it affordable for our local Arizona cyclists.
- Early Registration $150: April 30 – May 31.
- Late Registration $200: June 1 – June 25. Late is registration only available if there are still open slots for the camp.
Rob Fleckenstein – USAC 01 *D CBT Pro Coach
Rob is currently a USA Cycling Level I Coach with distinction and a certified power based trainer (CPBT). There are currently only two USA Cycling coaches with this designation in Arizona. Rob has been the team coach for an amateur cycling team in Tucson, Arizona called Tolero Racing. He has also managed his own coaching side business known as Get It In Gear Coaching since 2008. Rob’s primary focus has been on training with a power meter to team members and individual clients. He regularly conducts Threshold power tests to establish power zones for each athlete. He has provided in-depth instruction on the proper uses of a power meter to competitive USA Cycling licensed riders in categories ranging from Category 5 through Category 1, Masters, Women and tri-athletes. As a result of his training plans developed specifically around power meter training, Rob has had good success with coaching three State Champions in different disciplines. Rob has utilized power-based principles to write periodized training plans for individual athletes through specific power intervals done both indoors and outdoors. Based upon analysis of these power files Rob can accurately determine caloric burn rates and help athletes with future work outs and dietary considerations. Rob has have authored three coaching articles in the Tucson-based cycling publication, Tucson Pedaler. Rob is an expert on the analysis of power meter data through applications such as WKO+, Training Peaks and Power Agent software.
Rob has competed in bike racing for 28 years. He is passionate about the sport and is an active USA Race Official in Arizona. Rob’s certifications and recent continuing education coaching courses speak for themselves. He has maintained the *D designation for completing 40 or more hours of continuing education credit through USA Cycling over a 2 year period. Below are his certifications and recent coursework.
- USA Cycling – Level III Coaching Certification (2005)
- USA Cycling – Level II Coaching Certification (2007)
- USA Cycling – Certified Power Based Training Coach Designation (2008)
- USA Cycling – Level II Coaching Certification with Distinction (2010)
- USA Cycling – Certified Race Official (2010)
- USA Cycling – Level I Coaching Certification with Distinction (2013)
Recent Course Work
- Business Side of Coaching
- Level 1 Clinic (Colorado Springs, CO)
- SafeSport Training
- Archived Webinar: 2014 Rulebook: New Rules and General Overview
Phil Reimer – USAC 01 *D Pro Coach
Phil is a USA Level 1 Cycling Coach and an avid cyclist. Phil also has his Mountain Bike certification and is currently the head Cycling Coach for the Northern Arizona University Cycling Team. He has been Racing Mountain Bike, downhill and Road since the early 90’s. As a coach he has been fortunate to work with a range of athletes from junior to elite racers! He and his wife Bobbi are co-owners of Mountain Joule Cycling Studio offering individual coaching for cyclist, and multisport athletes. He is also a certified Bicycle fit technician and will work with each cyclist to provide the best solution for riding or racing. Coach Reimer strives for excellence and is an energetic Coach. He is looking forward to sharing his dedication and enthusiasm during a challenging, fun filled day of learning and training at the Pain Cave Pro Cycling Camp.
Phil has maintained the *D designation for completing 40 or more hours of continuing education credit through USA Cycling over a 2 year period.
- USA Cycling – Level I Coaching Certification + Mountain Bike
Recent Course Work:
- COS Level 2 Coaching Clinic
- Power Based Training Clinic (SAN)
- Aerodynamic testing without a wind tunnel
- Indoor Training for Cyclists (Gandolfi)
- Bike Fit-Condevaux
- Interval Training for Cyclists: Improving Lactate Threshold
- Level 1 Clinic (Colorado Springs, CO)
- Webinar – The Ins and Outs of Training Camps
- Mountain Bike Certification
Anna Sanders received her B.S. degree in Exercise Science and Master’s degree in Exercise Physiology from The University of Mississippi. During her undergraduate career she was a 4-year starter on the Ole Miss Rebels Soccer Team. While completing her master’s degree she served as graduate assistant strength and conditioning coach for the Ole Miss Rebels athletic department and also completed an internship in strength and conditioning at Auburn University where she worked with 14 Olympian swimmers. After completing her master’s degree she became the assistant soccer coach at The University of Arkansas where she spent 4 years coaching the LadyBack Soccer Team. While in Fayetteville, AR, Anna competed as a triathlete and road cyclist. She was the Arkansas State Triathlon Champion as well as the Arkansas State Criterium and Road Race Champion. In 2008, she moved to Phoenix, AZ where she joined the Arizona State Sun Devils as assistant soccer coach. While coaching she still managed to compete in triathlons and cycling events. She represented Team USA in the Age Group World Championships Triathlon in Vancouver, Canada where she finished second among Americans and 12th overall in the world in her age group. Currently, Anna races competitively for FCS, a women’s professional cycling team. FCS|Cycling is the managing entity of Visit Dallas Cycling p/b Noise4Good and competes as a Domestic Elite Cycling Team within the Women’s PRO Peloton. Anna is the Arizona State Road Race Champion. Anna was also invited to the Olympic Training Center this past summer to compete at the US Cycling Endurance Program Talent ID Camp. She also competes in several endurance mountain biking events across the state of Arizona.
Subject to change:
- 5:10am-5:30am: Camp Registration
- 5:30am-6:00am: Pro Coaching Staff Instruction – Intro to Technique, Power, and Cadence.
- 6:10am-7:00am: South Mountain Climbing Trial #1
- 6:40am-7:30am: Pro Coaching 1 on 1 Data Analysis and Refreshment
- 7:30am-8:00am: Mountain Descent
- 8:00am-8:45am: Pro Coaching Staff Instruction – In Depth Look into Power & Cadence.
- 9:00am-10:00am: South Mountain Climbing Trial #2
- 9:30am-10:30am: Pro Coaching 1 on 1 Data Analysis and Refreshment
- 10:30am-11:00am: Mountain Descent
- 11:00am-12:00pm: Lunch and Pro Coaching Staff Instruction
- 12:15pm-1:15pm: Optional South Mountain Climbing Trial #3
- 12:45pm-1:45pm: Optional Pro Coaching 1 on 1 Data Analysis and Refreshment
- 1:45pm: Descend and go home!
Approximate Total Elevation Gain: 4200 feet.
A camp of this magnitude can not simply be put on without the aid of incredible sponsors! We thank them for their support.
FLUID MAKES NUTRITIONAL PRODUCTS TO HYDRATE, FUEL, AND REPLENISH YOU.
FLUID PRODUCTS TASTE GREAT, ARE EASY TO USE, AND ARE MADE IN THE USA WITH CLEAN INGREDIENTS.