BEN DODGE AND TOM LIDDELL BIOGRAPHIES
City: Gilbert, AZ
Age: 39 (04/01/79)
Cycling Since: 2010
Team: Bike Accident Attorneys
Ben began his endurance training in 2010-2014 with a love affair for Triathlon. Since then he has focused mainly on road racing with a specific focus on endurance racing. Ben rides and races his bicycle a lot. There are too many local and out of state road races to mention, but the more notable ones are as follows:
- 2010-2014, Ironman Triathlon. He has competed in 8 full distance Ironman Triathlons, including multiple appearances at the National Championships in New York City and Texas. Other Ironman Courses include St. George and Florida.
- 2014-2018, LOTOJA. Ben is a 4X finisher of Lotoja. Lotoja is the longest one day USAC sanctioned race in the country. His best time to date is a 9:28.
- 2016, Race Across the West (RAW). Ben qualified for a solo RAAM attempt with his 9th place finish in RAW.
- 2017, Saint to Sinners. Finished 2nd place in the solo category for a 522 mile non stop race from Salt Lake City UT to Las Vegas NV.
- 2018, Everesting Mt. Lemmon. Ben and his RAAM teammate Tommy Liddell became the 1st persons to successfully Everest (continuously climb 29,029 ft/8,848m) on Mt. Lemmon in Tucson, AZ. This Everesting feat was done in mid June and required 4.25 summits all the way to the observatory in 24hrs.
- 2018, Race Across France (RAAF). Ben competed in a 2 man relay team for the first ever Race Across France. A total of approximately 1,500 miles and 104,000′ of elevation gain across the entire country of France. Ben and his teammate finished 3rd place.
In addition to his endurance cycling, Ben had the privilege of participating in the prestigious Kokoro program. Kokoro is an endurance event organized and run by Navy Seals to imitate the famous “Hell Week” of BUD/S training. This program is intense and is often used by up and coming seal candidates to prepare for their BUD/S slot. Many athletes and service men and women quit Kokoro. Some even in the first few minutes because of the intensity and mental toughness requirements. Ben graduated Class of 26.
RAAM 2019 is Ben’s next endurance and ultra cycling challenge!
City: Mesa, AZ
Age: 37 (15/09/81)
Cycling Since: 2016
Team: Bike Accident Attorneys
Tom Liddell began competitive cycling in 2016. In 2016 he finished in the top 20 of his hometown road race, the Tour de Mesa. In 2017 he placed 2nd in the Cat 5 Arizona State Criterium race in Yuma, AZ, and 130th out of 1,700 riders in the Tour de Tucson. In 2018 Tom has placed 3rd in the Arizona State 35+ Masters Road race, and 2nd in the Arizona State Team Time Trial Championship.
Tom began ultra cycling racing the longest USAC sanctioned race LoToJa, a 200 mile continuous race from Logan, UT to Jackson Hole, WY. He has competed in this event the last 3 years finishing as high as 16th.
His ultra cycling resume continued to grow in 2018 when, along with RAAM Teammate Ben Dodge, he became the 1st person to successfully Everest (continuously climb 29,029 ft/8,848m) Mt. Lemmon in Tucson, AZ summiting 4 times in 24hrs.
RAAM 2019 is his next ultra cycling challenge!